Tuesday, June 5, 2012


“…and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”  This question has stuck with me since last semester, when I was admitted to nursing school on the first day of classes.  It was the craziest emotional roller coaster I had ever been on.  I was excited, nervous, amazed, and scared all at the same time. 

To give you some background, I had applied to nursing school for the fall of '11 and gotten rejected.  Initially I was devastated, wondering if my major wasn't God's will at all, but my selfish decision.  Then I grew excited, knowing that God was working in my life somehow.  All I needed to do was trust Him.  Little did I know what His plan involved.  I reapplied to nursing school, hoping to be admitted for the next semester.  Thankfully I was.  I would just start nursing school a semester late, and graduate in December of ’13 rather than May.  So I went to my classes on the first day last fall, sign language, Spanish, & CPR.  That night I received a call telling me that a spot had become available, and I could start nursing school the next day if I wanted.  After prayer and getting counsel from friends and family, I knew that God had opened this door, and was waiting for me to step into it.  There was no way that I, Faith Hubbard, could take any credit for what had just happened in my life.  I am so thankful that "the weakness of God is stronger than men." (I Corinth. 1:25)


He turned my life upside down and inside out, but filled my heart with peace that could only come from above.  He has proved His love to me over and over.  He knows what is best.  All the time.  My God is sovereign.  My God is all-powerful.  My God is gracious.  My God cares about even me.  My God is on my side.  He wants to show himself strong in our lives, all we have to do is let Him.  His plans are perfect; it’s up to us to trust in those plans.  No matter how fearful we may be, we should remind ourselves, like Mordecai told Esther, that no matter where we are, or what path God has us on, it is “for such a time as this.”  


On June 17th, I will take a trip across the world to help missionaries in a medical clinic.  A dream come true!  God has amazing plans in store for this time in my life.  I am so excited to see them unfold!!  My adventure has just begun and it’s already been amazing!   I can’t wait to see how God shows Himself strong in my future.

          *Follow my blog as I go to Papua New Guinea!  I'll try to update you guys as much as I can, and maybe even post some pictures! Thank you for all of your prayers and support :) 


**II Corinthians 4:7**



3 comments:

  1. So glad you set this blog up! Ill be praying for you every single day, several times each day:) be safe! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration to the younger generation. Thank you for being bold in your faith. God will use you to minister to others and as an example to our children that faith and fear are not from within but from our Father. Go, make disciples and heal. God bless you, Faith. Tallie and I will follow your blog and wait in anticipation for your next post.

    ReplyDelete