Monday, June 24, 2013

Jumping In

It's Tuesday afternoon and we've just come in from clinic.  The rain has just started on time as usual.  This morning the three interns left with Bro. Matt to go on an outreach to Hoiti.  I'm staying back to get in the swing of things in clinic.  Andrew and Rachel flew out early Monday morning so now I'm taking care of their dog.  I think she is finally starting to like me.. or maybe it's just the food I give her.

Last weekend we went tubing down the river here, and even jumped off a waterfall.  I won't tell you how small it was.  We came home to find out a man was being carried here, after having cut his leg on accident.  When Rachel got to the last stitch, she asked if I wanted to do it.  She walked me through the whole process, and I did it!  I guess you know you're a rookie when that gives you an adrenaline rush ;)

On Sunday, just about everyone went to Aminawa for the baptism service.  There was a great crowd.  Lots of people came to watch, and got to hear the gospel.  It was a blessing to see young and old alike publicly showing their commitment to follow Christ.  How wonderful it was to be there with this church for such an exciting time.  Afterwards, a family had made an enormous amount of greens, kao kao, and bananas for us. I'm pretty sure they made enough for the entire village.  We left from there to hike towards Benjamin's home.  We visited with him for a while mostly just listening.  Sometimes that's all that's necessary.  They pulled out his guitar and we sang together.  Sometimes I forget how much music can refresh the soul.  It was medicine for me.  I hope it was for Ben.

Because of Him,
Faith




No comments:

Post a Comment