Monday, July 1, 2013

Sundays

Sundays are my favorite, but then again I tend to say that about every day.  

I love the simplicity of life here, especially Sunday.  There's no rushing around making sure everyone has been fed, and has their hair just right.   It's not about the fancy music, padded pews, or "I can't believe they took my seat!"  It's nothing complex.  It's everything simple.

We walk to church at 9 am, shake hands with everyone, and sing praises to God just a few beats too slow.  I know He doesn't mind, and that makes me smile.  We listen to what God has to say, and then I'll go to Junior church with Mrs. Becky.  The kids are so animated when we sing, and join in with every hand motion.  They hang on to every word of each story.  Except for a few, that would rather chat.  It's time for prayer requests, and almost every hand pops up.  

Church let's out, and we know this means it's time for volleyball.  Most everyone comes out to either watch or play.  I  think I enjoy watching almost more than playing.  Usually I get a new hair do, and might play a "stone game" with some of the younger girls.  They beat me every time.  I love their light-hearted spirit.  Joy flows from their heart, and I love to be right in the middle of it.  

At the end of the day it will probably rain.  The sound it makes drowns out all other thoughts.  I can think about my day, and about what I've learned.  I can enjoy my Savior, and all He's done for me.  It was another wonderful Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment