Thursday, July 4, 2013

He is Enough

It's that place between sorrow and happiness.  One minute you feel your heart breaking in two.  The next minute it's about to burst from excitement.   It's hopelessness and hope simultaneously.  Sometimes I wonder if that can even be possible.

You work so hard until all your resources seem exhausted, and you are as well.  You've put forth everything. Mind, heart, soul.  You're empty.  

All you want to do is rest.  To recuperate, but chance just won't let you.  People are still sick, people are still hurting, people are still dying.  

It feels like an uphill battle, a constant struggle to keep your head above the water.  

Then I hear His reminder.  Find rest in me alone.  You can't do this on your own, quit fighting me.  

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." - Psalm 91:1

When I feel inadequate, He equips.  When I feel exhausted, He gives strength.  When I feel lonely, He is my constant friend.  

He is enough.  

"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and NOT of us."  - II Corinthians 4:7

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your blog can speak to so many lives no matter what circumstances they are facing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Faith and I love you!!! You are such a bright, shining light to so many people.

    ReplyDelete